10 Year Warranty
I am so confident in the manufacturing and materials used in my bags (made after October 2018) that I now offer a 10-year guarantee. So if something fails that is directly attributable to our making process or to a failure of materials we use we will repair or replace at our cost.
- If after 2 years the pin in one of the solid brass snap hooks inexplicably pops out, I’ll replace it.
- If after 1 year the thread termination starts to come loose and begins to unravel the seam on your Commodore, that’s probably on us. So I will fix it at my expense.
- If a Brass Chicago Screw un-screws after 3 years and you lose the male coupling, stress not! I will send you a new one free of charge.
My commitment is to make excellent, functional and tough bags to Australian standards. I want messengers bags, backpacks, satchels and wallets that get used and that serve their owners for decades. I don’t want to sell you crap. If an item can be improved, I want to know about it.
If you buy one of my bags or wallets on the basis of my 10-year warranty I ask of you the following simple commitment: look after your investment.
My gear is made to a standard that is not easily matched. It’s not just the way they are assembled, it’s the way they are designed and the materials we use that defines their toughness. But even solid marble statues get damaged or wear away eventually.
Your bag is made of durable leather, brass and waxed cotton canvas but it isn’t titanium, carbon fibre and piano wire. If you consider the materials your satchel is made from in the context of what they are meant to do, you could well be handing it down to your grandchildren one day.
Jack Stillman bags are designed to look better with age but to enjoy that character you need to take some responsibility for helping it to reach a ripe old age. Here are some examples of what I am talking about:
- Don’t overload it. Consider the intended purpose of the bag. All laptops are not equal. Continually loading up your messenger bag with backbreaking weight is going to take its toll on both of you.
- Watch for uneven wear or tear. If one particular spot on your satchel canvas is wearing away it’s probably because something is rubbing against it and it’s only gonna get worse.
- Keep it dry and let it breathe. Fabrics and leather will get mouldy; just like your feet.
- Maintain it. The leather parts of your bag would love you to keep them conditioned and just slightly moisturised from time to time. The canvas and the brass would love you to keep them waxed and clean. All of these processes help keep your bag protected and functioning as well as add that Jack Stillman character I know you want.
What is not covered?
Jack Stillman is a passion for sure. I am proud of the bags we are making and the sustainable message they spread. But it’s also a business. It’s how I keep food on my table for my kids and maintain them through school etc. So please keep this in mind when asking me to honour my warranty promise. If we have failed, hit me up. If you’re just looking to take advantage of my generous spirit, please don’t.
- Jack Stillman bags and wallets are meant to age well and develop that “well used” character. The leather will darken and patina, the canvas will fade unevenly, the brass will oxidise. At least I hope this will all happen! If you want your bag to look the same in 10 years as the day you receive it, you’ve missed the point.
- If you knowingly do something that causes your bag to break please take responsibility for it. We all make mistakes but please don't ask me to pay for yours.
- If something starts to fail and you leave it, and it gets worse or causes greater degradation I am afraid that’s on you. If you need advice or help please let us know ASAP so we can prevent things from getting worse.
- It’s your property. Use it, abuse it, thrash it, crash it, feed it to a bear (please take pictures). If you do more than one of the above and get joy out of your bag, hit me up when and if it breaks and I will give you an awesome trade-in on a new one. Just don't ask me to replace it.
We will cover issues related to faulty materials or workmanship including postage up to 6 months from the day you receive your item. Repairs for breakages after this time may require return postage costs at the customer's expense.