I originally designed the MAD-13 in 2015. But I only made 5 at the time because I couldn’t get the waxed canvas that I wanted. The design today is much the same but slightly more refined and practical. The materials are also top notch.
Don’t think of the MAD-13 a fashion accessory . It’s been made to take the knocks and weather the bruises. This bag is ready for whatever jungles you choose to explore; concrete or vegetable.
- Dimensions: 28cm x 12cm x 40cm (62cm full open)
- 20-29 (open) Litres
- Can fit laptops and tablets up to 26 x 36cm
- Weight 1.1kg
- 10 Year Warranty!
- Handmade from old fashioned materials
- Rolltop design to keep contents protected from weather and dirt.
- Double external waterproof zippers
- Internal organisation pockets
- Reinforced top handle
- 100% cotton liner
- Full length waterproof top zipper
- We use 16oz heavy beeswaxed cotton canvas that can be re-waxed using Granddad Jack's Sack Wax to maintain water repellency and fabric durability. It's old fashioned and it works!
- REAL Solid brass hardware
- All leather is 100% Vegetable tanned and hand stained and painted
Heavy Beeswaxed Canvas, waterproof zippers and the rolled top of the MAD-13 are designed to resist rain, dust and spray. The 16oz canvas can be re-waxed as often as required to keep it water resistant. Bag maintenance is encouraged because the MAD-13 has been made using the BIO principal (By It Once) so its designed to last as long as you keep loving it.
Saying a bag is tough is one thing demonstrating why is another:
1. Two-piece construction of main bag: The front, left and right are one single piece of canvas. Most bag have four seams.
2. Handle and shoulder harness: These carry all the weight so they are double stitched and riveted with chicago screws.
3. Double thickness base.
4. Ten year Waranty.
I have had this bag now for a few weeks I love it, use it every day to and from work on my motorcycle. Quality is excellent. Looking forward to many many years of service.
Love the Rucksack, good size for carry on during flights which is why I bought it. Could use a clip or ring inside the bag to clip keys but that is a minor detail. Definitely weatherproof as I found out on my walk home from the airport the other day 10 out of 10 Jack Stillman
Good on you John! And thanks for taking one for the team with your weather tests :P
Brought for Husband for his Birthday. He is very happy with the bag, we have purchased a few jack stillman items now and he has been very impressed with the quality.
I hope he's returning the favours Belinda! Thanks again for your continued support. JS
Having 2 of the original Mad13 bags in the family, it was only fitting for my wife to replace her travel bag with this latest incarnation of the Mad13! And she is not disappointed with it in any way. The quality of this bag is excellent, and the addition of the zip top and side pockets are a great idea, and the waxed cotton looks great and will age beautifully as we globetrot our way around the world. Am I jealous, ok just a little, but we wouldn’t want to walk around like twins! Now if it came in green............?