Fabric Wax by Granddad Jack's
100% NATURAL FABRIC WAX
Waxed cotton canvas is old-school! It's been the preferred method of water-proofing and protecting fabrics such as sails, clothing and luggage for hundreds of years. Grandad Jack's Sack Wax is made from 100% natural beeswax and organic vegetable oils. It's non-toxic as well as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
Grandad Jack's Fabric Wax is multi purpose it will help you in the following ways:
- Creates a water-resistant surface against moisture and rain whilst still allowing natural fabrics to breath
- Binds fabric fibres together to make treated materials more resilient and less susceptible to weave separation
- Protects against fungus and bacteria
- Adds a weathered patina to items
- Sack Wax is biodegradable and contains zero petrochemicals
Use Granddad Jack's Sax Wax on any natural fibered items including the following:
- Bags and luggage
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Empty the bag or garment to be waterproofed.
- Dry and brush off to remove loose soil and dust.
- Lay the item flat on a hard surface and rub the Sack Wax across the fabric fibres. The idea is to get an even covering across the surface.
- Ensure that wax is getting into vulnerable spaces like seams and joins. I don't recommend waxing the inside of the item.
- Apply to the whole bag or garment at once, or in sections.
- Rub the wax into the fibres using your hands - especially finger tips - in a rapid motion (causing friction heat) or use a hairdryer or heat gun to melt the wax directly onto the surface. Evenly distribute softened wax across the entire item.
- Apply evenly then allow it to dry off. The item may be slightly tacky for a day or so.
- If you don't want to see any white wax when you are finished wait for the wax to harden after a few minutes and hit these areas again with the heat source. Sometimes you might want to wait 2-3 days and then re-heat and rub down the bag.
- Natural beeswax will evaporate and biodegrade naturally especially in warmer climates. On average, you probably only need to re-wax once a year but you can re-treat as often as needed or desired.
- 100% natural beeswax
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
I found this wax very easy to use & it goes on smooth took me around 1hr to wax my jacket & my wet weather gear & works better then others I've used
Great products, great service.
Everything I buy from Jack Stillman is just first quality, it doesn’t matter whether it’s the wax proofing, or my backpack, or my slings, everything is the best quality you can imagine.
Very good, easy to apply
Great product, works very well, easy to apply.
Might be ok but not here
Don’t know yet to arrive, slow delivery