- NEW Waterproof Zippers*
- NEW Extra, external pocket with waterproof zipper
- NEW 100% Cotton, 150% cool custom-printed liner
- NEW Supported base sling configuration*
- NEW Hood compression configuration
- NEW custom-made Aluminium Alloy G Buckle hardware, silent and effective*
- NEW exquisite internal organisation
- NEW fully removable sling (use this bag as a bike pannier)
- NEW Jack Stillman custom embroidered patch
- Super Tough, water proof, Waxed Canvas
- Unique expandable design
- Genuine veg tanned leather zip pulls
- Left and right handed wearing options
- Zippered, external valuables pocket on back
- Dimensions: 35cm H x 24cm L x 13cm W (The top "peak" is 18cm W)
- Weight 0.72kg
*Many of these new improvements are based on customer feedback and suggestions.
Water proof zippers
As an outdoor bag ideally suited to motorcycle riding as well as sightseeing, I thought that the Nomad could be improved by adding waterproof zippers to all external pockets. In fact look out for this improvement on many future JS bags. The use of leather has been responsibly downplayed making this one of my most vegan bags to date. I couldn't resist the veg tanned zip pulls though.
Simplicity leads to strength
One of the downfalls of the previous design was the base strap anchors. They were leather and attached to the back panel of the bag. This created stress on the anchors and some faulting. The new configuration simplifies the whole thing. The anchors are attached to the base of the bag and tougher canvas webbing replaces the leather. Notice it's made from a single continuous length of webbing reinforced with rivets and cross stitching - damn I love to over engineer! Also, instead of the dual metal D rings and lobster claps for the sling I give you a single aluminium G-Buckle that loops into the webbing. Longer lasting, silent, replaceable - genius.
Expand the hood for more room
As well as doing away with the base lobster clasp hardware, I have made similar simplifications to the hood cinch strap. Instead of superfluous and noisy hardware that ads weight, I've opted for a more simple configuration which makes use of a single continuous length of canvas webbing. Simplicity means longevity.
When the hood is expanded to create more room in the bag, the new G Buckle conveniently anchors onto the side webbing keeping with the low noise, low profile of this design.
It's what's inside that counts
I've saved some of the best stuff for the inside. The organisation of this bag is first rate. I wanted to take advantage of the rigidity of the external waxed canvas to help keep things in order order on this inside. The zippered valuables pocket, the Phone and sunglasses pockets, a pen pocket to add grace and peace of mind.
The liner is sure to cop more than it's share of double takes when you open this bag in public. It's 100% cotton and equal measures class.